Monday, February 24, 2014

A BRAND NEW WEEK BEGINS

Not a happy camper. I gained half a pound last week. When will I get my act together on this?

The last few days I've had moments when I felt as though I was NK but without weight loss. Not fair! I'll keep plodding on and hopefully sometime this week the numbers will begin to prove I am on the right track.

I am a terrible sister. My sister had her 70th birthday yesterday. I knew I should call her but kept putting it off. Why? I simply did not feel like talking.

Mid afternoon our daughter called to let me know an invitation to my sister's lunch party had arrived in her mail. Thank goodness the party is not for another two weeks. I would have been in big trouble if it had been on her birthday. That's when I phoned my sister and we chatted for over an hour. Did me no harm. It's too easy to settle into my own little corner of the world and turn off the rest.

Mum would never have let me forget this milestone in my sister's life. And now I feel old. My younger sister is 70 years old. I guess that means we are on bonus years. My young brother is only 68. John, my husband is only 18 months away from turning 80.

This little look at the numbers of our years is depressing. Personally I think we all feel and look at least 10 years younger than our records show so I'll go with the feeling not the facts in this case.

I've had two, or is it three nights in a row with better sleep. I aim to make a chain of them. I'm sure if I begin to sleep properly and get myself into NK I'll be on top of the world again.

There is a touch of autumn in the air this morning. I guess that means a lovely day unless the cold south west wind gets up again.

On my agenda for today is a WALK. A simple four letter word which has been challenging me for weeks.

See ya'll tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment