Tuesday, December 3, 2013

PLUGGING AWAY

I am sick and tired of being frustrated by exceedingly slow weight loss.
I still feel the same.

That is how I began this journal on July 23rd. Four months plus have slipped by with some days better controlled than others.

My recorded weight on that day in July, 85 kg/187 lbs. Today I weigh 82.1 kg/180.6 That's not very impressive for a ketogenic diet.

I've come so close to cracking through to being in the 70 kgs that it's driving me nuts to keep bouncing back up. Maybe I simply need a few days with no major distractions ..... think stress. From time to time I'm having to employ some weird mental distractions to stop my brain going into full blown anxiety. Imagination runs riot and becomes paralysing. Depression comes too close for comfort.

I need to get ketones stable. Oh Yes! That's where success lies.

Of course I'm not always eating properly to stay in nutritional ketosis. Nor am I getting enough movement into my everyday life.

It's hard to stay up-beat and enthused.

But somehow I'm still putting it together one day after the other as well as I can.

Today is higher calorie than my normal. Tomorrow I will drop back to around 1000 for fat fasting.

Today I started the day with my usual keto coffee.
Lunch was a berry smoothie
50 gm frozen berries, 50 ml cream, 100 gm plain Greek Yoghurt, 30 gm whey powder and 1/2 cup chilled water.
For Dinner 100 gm chicken, 100 gm garden salad, olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing
Dessert:- strawberry, date, almond, 50 gm whipped cream
Coconut oil chocolate fudge

Total calories 1335
37 gm Carb 11%
69 gm Protein 20.5%
102 gm Fat 68.5%

No comments:

Post a Comment