Monday, November 4, 2013

NICE START TO THE WEEK

Yay! back in ketosis and another weight loss.

Last Wednesday, today is Monday, so 5 days ago was my first 'official' weigh in on my own scales after being away from home for nearly 6 weeks. 83.5 kg/184 lbs Today I am 80.5 kg/177.5 A loss of 3 kg/6.5 lbs. That's worth a drum roll Smile 

Can't find a tape measure so will start measuring my waist after we have been shopping on Wednesday. John has to go to the plastic surgery clinic for a check on a possible skin cancer. Another longish day as we have to go to Thames, 1.5 hours from home on winding roads. Hope the weather is good as it is a beautiful drive.

Fasting Blood Ketones last Wednesday 0.3 today 1.7

Now I have done the work to get where I want to be I can relax a little knowing I am in the right place to continue. Only 600 grams to be a 70s girl in kilograms. 8 pounds will see me weighing in under 160. Gosh it's a long time since I was looking at those kind of numbers. Way back before we went metric I remember being around 10 stone. That's 140 pounds, 46 years and 3 children ago. Oops! I wish I hadn't counted the years. Was I ever that young? Smile

Yesterday I consumed keto coffee, 1 cheesy muffin, roasted chicken, onion, broccoli, carrot and a few almonds.

About 1100 calories

18/6.8% carbs; 61/22.3% Protein: 86/71% Fat

I think I am slowly getting the hang of this and can begin to think about the day when I only measure and record these details once a week. I can eyeball some of the portion sizes now.

I feel so much better in myself. A combination of being in ketosis and losing the extra weight. Now to get my body moving again. That's always a challenge for me since I became a professional couch potato Smile

Maybe I need to make some kind of affirmation about myself. "I am an active woman and love it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment