Friday, November 22, 2013

FAT FAST THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN AND PODCASTS

I had designated yesterday to be a Fat Fast but it didn't quite go according to plan.

I had my usual keto coffee in the morning. Lunch was a stick of celery stuffed with a smallish piece of blue vein cheese.

I didn't eat again until after 6 pm ...... except for the huge amount of pork crackling. Much to my surprise I did get to the point where I wasn't interested in eating more. That never happened when I was eating fresh bread or toast with butter and whatever filling or topping I felt like.

We had creamy omelets filled with a mixture of salami, bacon, tomato, asparagus and cheese plus salad. I was hungry but it was very satisfying. I topped off the day with a few nuts and prunes. 

My weight is up again. It's still within the acceptable 5 pounds of maintenance, but only just Sad

I'm going back to look over some of Diane Sanfilippo wisdom and also a look in Dave Asprey's blog after listening to their podcasts and here. They both mentioned something about what to do when you need to make a change because what you are doing has stopped working effectively. 

I could stay where I am and be content to see if I drop the odd pound now and then. I know most of my general health markers are acceptable or even excellent for my age .... But I could be better. My energy runs out. I'm not quite where I want to be.

I am searching for success and that includes waist reduction, weight reduction and increasing energy. I so wish I were 20 or 30 years younger. I would have breezed through this period of stalemate my body is giving me. Now it's much harder to keep the motivation going. My brain would really be quite happy if I gave up but then I'd get into that vicious cycle of poor choices, brain fog and fatigue for no good reason. 

I will just keep on reading and learning until I hit the right balance for me Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment