Monday, September 9, 2013

NOT IN NUTRITIONAL KETOSIS

Sad Completely out of ketosis. Grrr!

This morning fasting blood ketones were 0.3

I'm eating more food and my carbohydrates have been over my 20 gm ceiling for a few days now. It's hard to know what to do. Fat fasting cannot be a permanent way to eat.... it just is not healthy to do that. What's more I am hungry. Funny that I didn't feel hungry while eating barely 1000 calories a day but I did miss vegetables. Now I can feel hungry on 1500.

Today is similar to yesterday. Keto coffee. A smoothie made at home with berries, cream, yoghurt, and whey powder with CLO. Lettuce and tomato with cold pork tonight from last night's roast. Last night I had silverbeet, (swiss chard), and snacked on cheese, almonds and a peanut choc bomb. Today I had an HB egg rather than an egg. I am keen to see if I have dialed back the carbs enough to improve ketones.

It was definitely easier for me to control my portions when I was keeping to 1000 calories a day. I have relaxed and become tired of all the measuring but the results are not so good.

In my whole life I have never found it so hard to lose weight as it has become in this last year. I'll continue working out the best routine for me to follow this month and October. I need to be tougher on the carbohydrates. I will focus on being in ketosis... hope it doesn't take too long to get back into an ideal state.

We are going to be away from home from September 21st to the end of October. I had hoped to be in a stable weight loss situation before we left. Right now I'm still going up and down over the same 3 kg/7 lbs.

If I'm still struggling at the end of October I am not at all sure what I'll do for the last two months of the year.

I am getting a little more exercise on the cross-trainer. No walking because the weather is keeping me inside.

Right now I am hugely disappointed. I thought nutritional ketosis would have been kinder to me. I'm not ready to give up but it has become hard work to stay enthusiastic.

I'm thinking hard about what is best for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment