Sunday, September 1, 2013

SPRING AND A TWEAK TO MY PLAN

Yesterday went well. The only thing I am disappointed with myself in is my lack of movement or exercise. I am so lazy! I was also tired but thank-goodness last night I slept well.

I had keto coffee, yoghurt with CLO, chicken with broccoli, mushrooms and cream cheese, peanut choc bomb, camembert, and jelly whip. I also drank my usual non 'tea' teas so no chance of not enough to drink.

My calories were around the 1150 mark.

And my ratios where pretty much where I wanted them to be.

7% Carbs: 18% Protein: 75% Fat

So why on earth are my blood ketones so low at 0.4

and my weight jumped up a whole kg or 2.2 pounds.

It doesn't make sense to me unless there is a fly in the ointment and that fly could only be my Jelly, (jello), whip made with whipped cream and WW jelly with it's artificial sweeteners. I did wonder a week or so back if this was slowing my weight loss but dismissed it being paranoid but now I'm not so sure.

I have a big bowl of this stuff so will see how it goes over the next few days then it will be gone forever and I will think up another way to enjoy a gelatin dessert. I only added this into my diet as a way of upping the amount of fat I consume so I'll find another way. I do not need desserts anyway.

Today is the first day of Spring here in New Zealand. It's cold with more of that wind off the icy Antarctic.

I am changing, or tweaking my eating plan. Not sure how this will go but what I did this last month has not brought good results. Just a great big ZERO.

My goal is to continue in nutritional ketosis. I am going to make a deal with myself to get some kind of exercise everyday. If I don't set some kind of goal for moving more I am 100% a couch potato. That's not healthy and I feel it in both my legs and balance.

I heard about a blog today on one of the video's Jimmy Moore posted and I'm going to read it seeking out the bits that pertain to me.

I hope those links do not have the spam detector sending me to coventry againSmile

September will be four weeks of experimenting with increased calories and protein and a little less fat while remaining in ketosis. Let's see how it works out. I will not be doing any cycling but trying to keep to a similar pattern each day. I would like to stop weighing my food but it is the only way I can be sure I am keeping the macro-nutrient ratios where I want them.

Calories, maybe 1500.

Ratio 5% Carb: 28% Protein: 67% Fat.

I'm not at all certain I can eat this much but I'll give it a go since it puts my protein, (about 100 gm) at a more sustainable and healthy level for me..

No comments:

Post a Comment