Sunday, August 25, 2013

RECOVERY MODE

I begin another 7 days of Fat Fasting rotation. Not certain at this point whether I'll go 3, 4 or 5 days on the fat fast with the last two days increasing calories and protein. I'll take it day by day.

My weight is bouncing around the same 2 - 3 kg (5-8 pounds).

Now that my back pain is almost gone, nearly back to my usual level, the stress level will be reduced but .....

Something else happened on Friday, (today is Sunday morning), which threw me. It's family stuff and very disappointing. I have been dealing with stuff like this for years now. It began way back in the mid 70s and came back to bite us painfully during the last 7 years. Addiction is the reason but the cause is adult children who have not learned how to deal with it so that they fall in the deep pit from time to time. I am sad.

For me it has been like living on the edge of a swamp filled with crocodiles for nearly 40 years. We are never free from danger and from time to time the danger overtakes us. I might write more about this on my Blog and then again I may not.

I couldn't understand why I felt so exhausted when it came to preparing dinner Friday night and that same weariness continued with me yesterday. I think it is the physical reaction to my disappointment and grief. I felt as though someone had pulled the plug on my energy source. It took me back to the days in the 70s and 80s when I had ME, (MYALGIC ENCEPHALOMYELITIS), or chronic fatigue or what is now probably called metabolic disorder. I wish I'd accepted my intolerance of wheat and the value of low carbing in those days. I blamed out of balance yeasts which may still be a problem but is not necessarily the main culprit.

I would have loved to have had a carby day but there is so little stuff in this house. Instead I munched almost non-stop on what I do have. I did make a cocoa drink with sugar and I had mashed potato with my dinner but the rest of the day I kept to things like peanut butter on celery, Jelly Whip with cream, almonds and my peanut chocolate fat bombs, HB eggs, cheese, and so on. I know I ate 2 or even 3 times as much as usual and a couple of times I felt over-full but I got through the day. I forgot to do a blood ketone test this morning so no idea how much damage I did but my weight is up again and it's very frustrating.

The good news for me today is that I am mentally stronger and this family stuff is not going to de-rail me.

We watched the New Zealand boat win another Louis Vuitton race this morning. One more to win and they will be racing for the America's cup next month. Love seeing the racing in San Francisco Bay.

I'll be back tomorrow. See you.

No comments:

Post a Comment