Thursday, August 15, 2013

PROGRESS...... BACK INJURY A SERIOUS HINDRANCE

I need to pack. We will probably have lunch at home before going to our Kitty-Sitting post.

I'm just skimming back into nutritional ketosis at 0.6 and my weight is 81.4 kg/179 lbs compared with 80.2 kg/176.5 lbs 10 days ago. I think all of this is from inflammation so will have to be patient while my back heals. I have dropped more than 1 kg or about 3 pounds since my first treatment with the Chiropractor two days ago. I am looking forward to seeing more improvement following my next appointment tomorrow afternoon. He is also going to work on my neck as he thinks he can get rid of some muscle and nerve tension which might promote healing of the facial nerve. I have had Bells Palsy for 18 months and the stress from the current injury is aggravating the paralysis. I notice it most in my speech.

I am back into tracking today for the first time in over a week. Still taking paracetemol which is possibly not the best for pain caused by inflammation but I can stomach this pain relief and that's not the case with other analgesics. The pain is now more like a bad headache just banging away and distinctly uncomfortable. I can move about but I won't be doing any lifting or very much bending. I am going to need John's help to pack. The hardest part is getting my brain to function and pack what I need. Fortunately we are close enough to home to come back every couple of days. Which is a good thing since we sowed the tomato and pepper seeds a few days ago and they need daily care.

I am a bit peeved with myself. I had a goal to be as close as possible to 75 kg/165 lbs by September 1st. That is fantasy land now. Maybe it always was.

Oh! One thing about this reduced activity. I am listening to many podcasts. Reading gets tiring but I can listen and it even helps me to nod off and get some sleep tooSmile

Wishing everyone the best day possible.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment