Sunday, August 25, 2013

HOT CHICKEN

I've got some chicken and an abundance of limes so I'm thinking of doing some kind of Mexican flavoured stir fry, not too spicy.

OH MY!!!!

I put a heap of paprika into my chicken dish...... except I had the chilli in my hand. HelpSad We managed to eat a smaller serving than planned after adding a can of tomato and plenty of plain Greek yoghurt. I hope it doesn't come back to bite our tender guts later. I'm straining the sauce out from the left-over chicken, and will try freezing it in small quantities to add to various meals in the future. Tasty but dangerous.... hahaha

Up-date

Hot chilli chicken rescue turned out really well. In addition to the tomato I added more lime juice and left the skins in the pan until I served. John went back for seconds. He ate his with potato and yoghurt. I just added yoghurt to mine and kept my serving size small. It worked well with no afterburn or upset tummies. I do have about half left-over so have frozen it since I believe I read somewhere that freezing reduces the heat. That's one meal I don't need to prepare in the coming week. 

You should have seen me panic when I realised what I'd done. Thank God for the internet and the raft of tips I found.


No comments:

Post a Comment