Wednesday, May 1, 2013

DAY 5 MY MENU


Fasting Blood Ketones 0.9


Coconut coffee

Nutrition:-  463 cal; 6 gm carbs; 3.9 gm protein; 47.5 gm fat

Lunch:- FF Smoothie

Nutrition:-  416 cal; 13 gm carbs; 28.5 gm protein; 27.5 gm fat


I bought a rotisserie chicken for tea. I've seen them described as a pickin' chicken. I usually pull all the meat off the bones which I then put in the slow cooker with herbs and veggies. I weighed up the left over meat dividing it into freezer bags for future meals.

100 gm cooked chicken
50 gm iceberg lettuce
15 gm celery
20 gm cucumber
1 cherry tomato
1 tsp olive oil

Nutrition:- 185.2 cal; 3.4 gm carb; 31.8 gm protein; 4.2 gm fat

I had a few calories left so in an effort to  balance thigs up I found a really small Fat Bomb and 10 almonds.


I thought I was going to have a heart attack when I first heard of Fat Bombs and discovered what they consist of. Here is my recipe and I make no excuses for eating them. They are tasty and serve a purpose.

Choc Mint Fat Bomb

200 gm butter
200 gm coconut oil
20 almonds chopped
35 whole almonds
3 Whitakers mini dark Ghana chocolate bars total 45 gm.
20 ml peppermint essence as a guideline or almond to suit your taste
35 little sweet cases

NB the peppermint essence is not included in the nutrient calculations

Gently melt butter and coconut oil together. Remove from heat and melt in chocolate. Add chopped almonds and peppermint essence if using.

Spoon as evenly as possible into 35 cases.  Add a whole almond to each case.

Set in fridge. Store in freezer. I keep the little fat chocolates in a ziplock bag.

Each piece should weigh about 15 gm = 1 small serve.

NB the fats do tend to separate into layers but they still taste OK

Nutrition of each Choc Mint Bomb:- 108 cal; 1 gm carb; 0.6 gm protein, 11.8 gm fat


Nutrition:- 86 cal; 1.2 gm carb; 0.7 gm protein; 9.5 gm fat

Day's end:- 1150 cal; 8.2% carb; 22.5% protein; 69.3% fat

25 minutes on the cross-trainer.

No comments:

Post a Comment